The Legal Examiner Mark The Legal Examiner Mark The Legal Examiner Mark search twitter facebook feed linkedin instagram google-plus avvo phone envelope checkmark mail-reply spinner error close
Skip to main content

A Volusia, Florida jury awarded two men, a flight instructor and former student pilot, $53M against two manufacturers. The jury determined the manufacturers were liable for the airplane crash which caused serious injury to both men. The plaintiffs argued, and the jury agreed, that the manufacturer of the carberator, and the engine maker of the Cessna 150, knew about defects which caused the carburator to fail, engine to stall, and plane to crash. The carburator manufacturer must pay 70% of the personal injury verdict and the engine maker must pay the remaining 30%.

For more information on this subject matter, please refer to the section on Defective and Dangerous Products.

Comments are closed.

Of Interest